The Graphene Flagship, the $1 billion EU graphene research initiative, includes a Spintronics Work Package - the aims to explore graphene's role in spintronics.
- HiMagGraphene: Atomic-scale control of graphene magnetism using hydrogen atoms
- iSpinText: Induced Spin Textures in van der Waals Heterostructures
- SOgraph: Tailoring Spin-Orbit effects in Graphene for spin-orbitronic applications
- TAILSPIN: Tailoring spin-interactions in graphene nanoribbons for ballistic fully spin-polarized devices
- Trans2DTMD: Theoretical investigation of electronic transport in functionalized 2D transition metal dichalcogenides
Last week the participants in this initiative met for the first time in an event organised by ICREA Research Prof. Stephan Roche, the Deputy Leader of the Spintronics Work Package. Hopefully we will hear of the results of these projects and the achievements in the future.