The Center for Spintronics and Quantum Computation is part of the California NanoSystems Institute (CNSI) based at the University of California - Santa Barbara. The center is focused on research, education and training in spin-based electronics and quantum computation.
Their Spintronics research includes -
- Fundamental materials and growth issues of new ferromagnetic semiconductor hybrid materials
- Physics of spin-dependent transport and coherent flow of information
- Electronically-controlled magnetism in hybrid ferromagnetic/semiconductor heterostructures
- Photonically-controlled magnetism in quantum geometries
- Advanced instrumentation and sensing